Man, I love me some Kettlebell training!
It’s a fun, safe and versatile training method most athletes can use to improve thier strength, power, power-endurnace and/or work capacity. Of course, which of the above qualities you improve upon is dependent on the load, sets, reps, rest intervals etc: you use.
That said, regardless of how you’re training with the KettleBell. The one weakness to kettlebell exercises we’ve found, is the general lack of of pure transverse plane rotation.
Yes, there can be and element of rotation when you only use one arm to perform your kettlebell exercises. But, that’s only a minor amount of rotation compared to what’s needed to perform optimally in sports like golf, baseball, boxing, etc:
So, in true Performance U fashion, we’ve developed a way to use the unique properties of the kettlebell to enhance rotary strength and core power.
Check out the video below and discover how to safely and effectively perform the Performance U – Kettlebell Rotary Swing!
Coaching Tips on using the KettleBell Rotary Swing:
– This is an advanced rotary training exercise! This exercise should only be used by exercisers who are familiar with rotary training and posses a solid foundation of core strength.
– Do not perform this exercise if you back problems!
– The average (non-athlete) fitness client does NOT need to use this exercise as a regular part of their training. Here at Performance U, we reserve the Rotary KB swing to only our advanced rotary athletes.
– Be sure to stay tall when performing this movement!
– Be sure that your hips and shoulders rotate at the same rate as you perform this exercise. This helps spare the spine. If your hips don’t move, the force is transferred mostly to the spine which is NOT optimal and/or safe. Watch this video for more info on how to spare the spine during rotational exercises.
– Perform 3-6 reps on each side
– Due to the explosive nature of this exercise. And, the fact your torso must not only work to accelerate the KB but, also work to decelerate the KB by controlling it’s momentum. This exercise should be placed toward the beginning of your workout because it’s a high CNS demand exercise.
– Don’t go too heavy with the KB! Remember: we want speed in this exercise!
Give the KettleBell Rotary Swing exercise a try and please post your questions and feedback below!
I hate spam too! Your email address will never be sold or rented.
Every weekend warrior has two goals: compete successfully and look great doing it. Enter Building Muscle & Performance: The Program for Strength, Size, and Speed.
Step by step you’ll learn the best exercises for increasing speed, explosiveness, athleticism, and endurance. Push yourself to the limits with strength and power lifts and progressions, power training drills, and cardio conditioning workouts. The results are challenging yet exhilarating. You will discover performance and physique that you never thought possible.
Just science-based programming, sensible strategies, and the results you desire.
• More than 150 exercises using barbells, dumbbells, resistance bands, machines, and body weight
• Realistic nutrition recommendations for staying healthy, maintaining muscle, and regulating your metabolism
•Step-by-step instructions, photos, and advice for performing and sequencing the most effective fat-loss circuits, combinations, and complexes
•Home, gym, and body-weight-based workouts along with comprehensive programming for losing fat quickly and keeping it off
Whether you’re a beginner looking for a step-by-step guide to fat loss or a seasoned fitness professional looking for new exercises to spice up existing routines, Strength Training for Fat Loss is the safe program that produces results.
An 8-week, no-gym-needed program for increasing muscle and breaking fitness plateaus.
• 15 Different Workout Charts featuring the exact sets and reps you'll perform for each exercise in each workout.
• 4 DVDs providing step-by-step instruction.
• 2 Versions of this 8-week workout plan: A Home/Gym version and a Hotel Room version.
• A Comprehensive Training Manual (200+ pages)
• A Nutritional Guide with simple, realistic eating strategies and sample meal plan for both men and women.
• The Recommended Food Chart
The True Muscle training plan is a 100% open access hybrid-training program I designed that’ll get you the muscle and the hustle. To bring you this program, I’ve teamed up with New York Giants punter Steve Weatherford, who is also known as one the NFL’s fittest men.
Go here to watch the program intro video, get the full program details along with the videos of the workouts I did with Steve, to learn about the 3-phases of training in this 9-week program, and then start using the program. There's even a True Muscle nutrition plan. And, it's all completely open access.
The S3 Method is designed to help you with Performance and Physique/Performance Hybrid clients. It’s a training method that will give your clients “the hustle” and “the muscle.”
If your clients want to build more muscle, maximize performance, or simply have the best of both worlds—looking and performing great—then this course will deliver a method for program design that will help you get them these results faster and more efficiently than ever before.
IN THIS 2-DVD SET: Nick Tumminello teaches you everything you need to know to design effective ongoing hypertrophy training programs. The Alternate-Undulate method is scientifically based and easy to use. It's the ultimate user-friendly programming system for maximizing muscle growth.